Water Quality Monitoring
Data Collection Methods - Alkalinity
- Fill test tube (0289) to 10 ml. line with sample water.
- Add one BCG/MR Tablet (T-2311). Cap and shade to dissolve the tablet.
- Use the pipet (0352) to add Alkalinity Titration Reagent B (4493) one drop at a time, shaking the tube after each drop. Continue to add drops until the green-blue color changes to pink. Count the number of drops added. Hold the pipet vertically.
- Multiply the number of drops used in Step 3 by 5. Record as ppm total alkalinity as calcium carbonate (CaCO(3)).
- Number of Drops Added x 5 = ppm CaCO(3) Total Alkalinity
LaMotte Company, P.O. Box 329, Chestertown, MD 21620, USA